Life's Little Pleasures

Rain on the Windscreen
posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 2:58 PM | 0 cmnt/s

So it's just past 2.30 and I only crawled out of bed an hour and a half ago. Doing the math, that means I didn't get up until 1pm. For those that know me, you'll know that this is extremely out of character. The reasoning? Despite the fact that I didn't get home until 2.50am this morning, the season seems to (at least temporarily) turned. I can seriously think of nothing better than to stay crawled up in bed on such a rainy day. The thing that I love most is hearing the rain fall outside knowing that it's perfectly overcast. I dunno, just seems reassuring to me.

You could go all English lit on this and interpret it as symbolic of the harsh reality of life, but still being able to find a sanctum within and by yourself. I mean, you could look at it that way, but I think that would be looking into it too much. Really, how much symbolism can you get out of sleeping in on a weekday now that uni holidays have begun?!? Gosh you people are silly for looking into it so much! Sometimes a rock is just a rock ;)

So I'm now sitting in my car outside the high school to pick my brother up. Bella is in the backseat. I always feel so bad when I take her to pick Thomas up because I get her all hyped up by telling her that we're going for a drive, then I only drive 2 mins up the road to wait in the car for 10 mins to drive back 2 mins up the road. Poor dog. The terrible thing is that she always gives you that look when you get back home as if to say "is that all?!" Dogs are so funny. They are so intelligent. Anyways, enough talk about my dog. And Thomas is here now too.

Talk later!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
     to the top