Life's Little Pleasures

Flight Time
posted on Friday, July 8, 2011 at 9:32 PM | 0 cmnt/s

So I'm currently 11746 meters up in the air, 519 km from home and traveling at 809 km/hr: en route to Bangkok, Thailand (via Phuket).

Gosh I love flying. I love taking advantage of the inflight entertainment (currently listening to music). I love the solitude. I love not having to do anything. I love the (relative) silence.

But you want to know what I don't love? I don't love what I've left behind: my store and my work family. What mostly kills me is the fact that I won't be there for the very end, I won't be with my people. And by the time I return everything will have changed, and I'm not liking that idea of change at all. I know that I'm lucky. I mean, I've been looking forward to this trip since we started planning way back in January, but the timing is just so off by 2 days. Those 2 valuable days. Gosh, so much whinging, but I need to get some of it off my chest. There is a lot going on in my head at the moment so if I can at least get rid of some of my anxiety I might be able to start enjoying things.

I just miss Borders. I miss the way things were. I miss it all.

I think my main problem is that I haven't been able to fully release all my emotions about the closure so it's finally coming to the surface in a rather inconvenient time and way. Argh.

Ok, enough of that rather embarrassing emotional crap. Back to the trip.

I think I'm looking forward to the hot weather. I'm not too sure if I am, actually. I mean, it is going to be bloody hot and humid. And quite frankly, I'm not sure if my body is ready to launch straight back into summer weather. By that I mean, I'm pretty sure I've got the "winter whites" aka I'm whiter than usual from lack of sufficient UV exposure in the past few months. Oh wow, quick side note, the lady in the row in front of me is literally pissing herself laughing to the point that it's rather antisocial. I mean, we're in an inclosed space: be aware of your surroundings!!!

Back to the plot, shopping should be good. I may have to wait a little bit first so we can do the touristy things first. One thing that I'm mega excited about it going to the shops that I was introduced to in Singapore last year. Can't wait. Can't wait to re-fill my wardrobe with new clothes after literally 6 months of abstinence. Ahhh it's going to be AMAZING! And I'm going to do a proper clean out of my bedroom when i get back too, so it's going to be awesome and new and clean :D

Ohh and I'm looking forward to learning a lot more about Chinese culture, politics and society too because I'm doing a unit on Politics in the East-Asian region this coming semester at uni, so I thing it will be rather educational and useful :)

Anyways, that's all for now :) I'm feel much better now. Having said that, I think I may have a nap to make up for the 4.5 hours sleep I only got last night. Pretty sure that's the least sleep I've ever got. Oh well, it was certainly well worth it. And whilst I'm thinking about last night, I recommend you all check out the Cheeky Sparrow in the city (I can't recall the exact address at the moment). Amazing place, amazing atmosphere, and not too expensive I suppose.

Finally, I hope you all realize that my use of present tense is misguiding. Whilst it is all present tense for me, I won't actually be able to post this until I reach Internet (maybe at the Phuket airport???) for obvious reasons, namely that I am now 11746 m in the air and Internet seems to be lacking here ;)

Anyways, keep well my friends and I'll talk to you soon.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
     to the top