Life's Little Pleasures

Curves
posted on Friday, April 1, 2011 at 9:52 PM | 0 cmnt/s

Curves are a wonderful thing. They show that a woman is real: not fake or plastic. I think I'm starting to realise that I have curves, they're got going away, but they make me who I am.

This realisation came after flipping through another trashy magazine and seeing a article about what celebs really weigh. You'd be surprised how many are just as curvy as you (maybe, since I don't know who 'you' actually are) and I (but I know who I am!). Not everyone in Hollywood weighs 40kg and looks like they haven't eaten in a year. But you see pictures of some of them who you honestly think are beautiful, then when you take a better look, you realise that they don't look much different to you. Take Hillary Duff for example. I really do think she's a real celeb who, yes, does have curves, but still manages to look amazing.

When it comes down to it, stuff your dress size, it's really all about wearing clothes that suit your body shape. If you can hide those parts that are your least favourite and show off your assets, then you'll always look amazing.

So yes, here I am sitting at my desk drinking a glass of white wine and eating chocolate, realising that in fact it is good to be curvy. And not that I have much insight into the male psyche, but I know enough to come to the conclusion that guys quite frankly don't give a crap what size you are... And those that do, well they're just not worth your time anyway, ladies.

As long as you get the balance right between eating healthy, exercising and still enjoying the things you love, then who cares about your curves, because you're obviously doing everything right. And even if you still have thunder thighs after that all, then like it or not, you were meant to be that way. The sooner you accept this fact, the sooner you'll be able to be more happy and confident.

After all, isn't it how you feel on the inside that counts for more than how you look on the outside?
     to the top