Life's Little Pleasures

This isn't hot chocolate!!!
posted on Sunday, July 31, 2011 at 9:33 PM | 0 cmnt/s

At Perth Domestic Airport. Mum and dad's flight has been delayed. So Thomas and I decided to get a drink to fill in time. And I ordered a hot chocolate. Upon receiving said heated beverage I discovered that what I had been served was, more or less, heated, frothy milk! Not being one to take something back if it's wrong, I just sucked it up (quite literally... Because it's a drink... And you suck up drinks... You get it???)

I mean, it was nice heated milk, but when you order a hot chocolate, you expect a hot chocolate for crying out loud!

Ok, enough ranting. Really what I'm doing here is filling in time till mum and dad get in. Writing is good for that.

Aww man. I'd cooked this nice dinner and everything and it will have probably dried out by the time we get home because of the stupid plane.

I think writing, particularly a blog like this, helps one to feel. Feel emotions I mean. In my opinion, we can become so wrapped up in our own lives, have so many daily distractions that we often forget to stop and feel. Writing helps because it's just a continuous flow if thoughts and as you keep writing, you write stuff that you may not have planned to write in the first place, but come from within. That's why they call it therapeutic. The good thing is that you don't always need an audience, so you can say what you want, how you feel, no matter how embarrassed, or ashamed, or guilty you feel. You can just write to an invisible, judge-less person. Get things off your chest, so to speak.

I think people ought to write more. Maybe that would solve a lot of issues and emotions, if they were to just put them down into words, no matter how silly they sound aloud.

That's what I plan to do: write more to clarify the soul. Make sense of this jumbled up world that we live in. That's the plan.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
     to the top