Life's Little Pleasures

Exhaustion
posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 11:41 PM | 0 cmnt/s

I apologize now for the short post this evening, but a whole day of touring does tire one out.

So we went on an organized tour in a group of 11: the 5 of us, 3 Indian businessmen, and 3 American microbiology research students. Our tour guide was so amazing. He was friendly and knowledgeable, and just made the whole experience fun.

Places we saw: the Summer Palace, Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, the Temple of Heaven... From memory.

The whole day was amazing... And not just because I became a celebrity for the day.

What!?!? I hear you say.

On 3 separate occasions today I was asked by the locals to take a picture with them, presumedly because of my pale skin and blonde hair. I was so strange. On one occasion, a little girl no more than 10 years old came up to me and told me her name, said I was beautiful and asked if she could take a picture with me. Upon saying yes, a whole group of little Chinese children rushed up around me to take a picture. It was so cute!!

Another thing to note. The entrance to the Forbidden city itself, with the massive image of Chairman Mao in the center, is just so stunning. It is just so massive and truly does represent power.

The whole experience here has been so amazing. I really do hope to return again some day.

That's all for now. Last night in Beijing tonight. Off to Xi'an tomorrow. So this will possibly be the last Internet I get until Bangkok.

I'll still keep writing, but will only be able to upload with the net... Obviously.

Keep well, my friends!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
     to the top